Most of us may have a keen sense as to what Blog Networking is, or do we?
This is a diagram, rather a lab that I did when I attended DeVry University, Although, this pertains to networking within the computer industry, it relates to the topic at hand. Bridges to firewalls that may shake your hand or bounce you out of the bar.
In one of my previous post, BUSINESS OR HOBBY | HOW TO BECOME A FAMOUS BLOGGER I briefly touched base on networking.
I once described a network and gave an analogy using our spine as an example. The center is the bridge that allows us to move back and forth Along the bridge we see many networks or computer terminals waiting to be connected to others. How do they get connected? In computer talk, there are certain commands to utilize like using an Access List to configure who is allowed and who is not to keep it simple. Imagine having all those terminals being connect to you but in a good way. In blog talk, this would be potential followers or maybe a random Blog that mention you on their blog that has thousands of readers.
Blog Networking | What is it?
- Don’t be a stuck up know it all and being a taker than a giver.
- “Be generous – a lot of the networking that I see going on between bloggers is fairly much about ‘taking’ rather than ‘giving’. One way to make a real impression on another person is to be generous with them. Help them achieve their goals – highlight their best work – encourage them – go out of your way to work on their terms. While you do need to have good boundaries (otherwise people will abuse your generosity) I think a spirit of generosity is the right attitude to go into networking with.”
I understand this concept fully and I embrace it.
2. Reach out to other Blogs by leaving great comments, maybe on Cnet, Problogger, venture out to the unknown. They once had a saying that when dating and going out to the bars, you had to be seen there at least ten to twelve times before people felt comfortable around that person. So, don’t be a stranger!
3. If there is a Meet and Greet or link-up party, attend those every time even if just to say hi.
4. Make Friends! This is very beneficial! Play nice!