Good Morning (or Evening) Fellow Bloggers!
How does this image strike you? Your Blog out in front, shining like the star you are. A famous or semi-famous Supermodel walking down the runway with eyes on you for that moment in time. There are millions of Blogs out there from WordPress to Blogger and Tumbler to name a few. How can you compete with all these others Blogs? Is your Blog suffering from visitors coming by and not reading one sentence you wrote? Maybe a trust issue!
How can you make yourself shine above the rest, at least a little bit anyway?
Your Blog needs your personal flair, that special essence of YOU!
Steps to Improve Blog Personality!
- Don’t pretend to be someone your not! You need to be real and genuine. People want to get a peek behind the stage curtains. Most want to see the personal ups and downs, how you handle things in life. This will reduce or eliminate the distance between you and your reader.
- Honest and Earnest. I touched based on this in #5 on my article HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR BLOG! When we communicate/write our spectacular Noble Prize piece we need to come across as an honest individual. If a reader gets the whiff of bull they will not stay.
- Missed Deadline! This refers to #2. If for some reason you missed a deadline for a posting, perhaps caused by a life event,(my life event right now is laundry) 😦 or one day you wake up and find your Blog exploded with comments or crashed on you, be honest with your readers. Most of your readers will understand and appreciate the honesty while others who want it now, well there are always those others who feel the need to rush, got it get it now! They can have the wine that is unaged. One thing that might help to keep you on track is to keep a log entry of the things you need to get done and to have a backup plan
- Show empathy and compassion with your reader, show that you care about them as an individual and not just a number. The words that we write should have a tone.
- Don’t Be Stuck Up! That’s right! It does not matter if you think you smell like roses every day. If your reader gets a sense that your nose is in the air, they will not want to have anything to do with you. No one is better than his or her fellow human being period! People, in general, like to be acknowledged and respected to some degree.
- Once in a while tell stories. By offering stories that relate to you, your readers will be able to relate you. I wrote a few of those a while back, CHAPMANTOWN, CA ( A time I almost ran over my Brother), LEVITY -HUMOR AT MY EXPENSE. A TRUE STORY! and FORGETFUL MINDS -OLD AGE HUMOR STORIES. You can view this like a good book or TV Show that gets people captivated.
- Emotion: With your article or essay, think about the emotion you want from your reader. Granted this part takes some planning but can be very fruitful!
- Re-read your post before publishing it. I know, I know you feel you don’t have the time to read your own post, but this is what I and some other do to see if it sounds awkward or just plain boring. In fact, there have been occasions on certain articles and poems that I wrote where I had others read it prior to publishing it. This one will come up again in a later post when I get to Content.
- Blogging should be FUN! So have a little fun with your blog, make yourself laugh and your readers. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center,”Laughter, along with an active sense of humor, may help protect you against a heart attack, according to a new study by cardiologists at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore. The study, which is the first to indicate that laughter may help prevent heart disease, was presented at the American Heart Association’s 73rd Scientific Sessions on November 15 in New Orleans. The researchers found that people with heart disease were 40 percent less likely to laugh in a variety of situations compared to people of the same age without heart disease.
“The old saying that ‘laughter is the best medicine,’ definitely appears to be true when it comes to protecting your heart,” says Michael Miller, M.D., F.A.C.C., director of the Center for Preventive Cardiology at the University of Maryland Medical Center. “We don’t know yet why laughing protects the heart, but we know that mental stress is associated with impairment of the endothelium, the protective barrier lining our blood vessels. This can cause a series of inflammatory reactions that lead to fat and cholesterol build-up in the coronary arteries and ultimately to a heart attack,” says Dr. Miller who is also an associate professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.”
Source: Laughter Good For Heart | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/news-and-events/news-releases/2000/laughter-is-good-for-your-heart-according-to-a-new-ummc-study#ixzz3qe041C1F
University of Maryland Medical Center
Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook
Save some lives, make them laugh!