What’s hot and What’s Not?
I recently had a request, basically what is trending and what is not. The comment comes from narami, “Hey Michael, I haven’t submitted anything as I explained before but I plan to and I’m wondering if you have suggestions on what type of content should we choose to share? What’s popular in those platforms and what type of audience will be hit? Is there a successful format?
Others might benefit from your thoughts about this too 🙂 ” For those that do not know who narami is, let me shed some light, a regular person like you or I, but she was an extra in the movie “RUM DIARY” starring Johnny Depp, that’s right! she even has the video up on her Blog.
Although it may be Halloween, my powers of reading Moderators and others minds alike have been stripped away leaving me blind to only use best-educated guesses. I have been tracking the ones that I have submitted, so I hope this will provide some help as to what contend is hot and what is not. Out of respect, I will not list a particulars person topic that is not doing well. I will show content that is rising and showing interest.
So, What’s Hot!
- Rebecca’s essay/article, Letter to Future Americans has been doing really good. I posted an image earlier in my previous post, HALLOWEEN PROMOTING YOUR BLOG! Anyway, on StumbleUpon, she has got 267 views as of this writing and in Reddit it has been upvoted 6 times.
- Deniza Blog from the communication I received has been doing rather good as well, her blog is about Health and Fitness, she is also a medical student in Germany.
- Sugar Cookies from Leisel, you have to visit her site, I do believe she blew a few minds with her NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIES just look at the cuteness, the creativity showcasing one of Tim Burtons animated movies.
- Memes, believe it or not, I know it shocks me too, but apparently this is what some like. I submitted one for Leslie on Reddit, the title of the posting, All Dogs Go to Heaven, and That Other Thing Pope Francis Never Said The image below shows it has been upvoted 7 times.
5. Danny’s essay/article has been on the rise as well too. Why I Consider That My Opinions Could Be Wrong is on the rise, in fact, it started out at just 2 views, now it has 25 (edit 28 now) views. The image depicts 24, but I just looked and it increased by 1 (edit by 4). For his essay/article Tricks to Becoming a More Positive Thinker that was submitted on Reddit has been upvoted twice.
Other things that are Hot
This is just an image with little text and no recipe to go with it.
Upcoming movie trailers, even though we have several other media outlets for this,
Just a pic, subreddit /r/pics only allows a photograph or a pic with no captions, URL anything that gives credit to the original creator. P.S. this is on the front page of Reddit. Just a pic!
It is a hit and miss, that is why I wrote that article HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR BLOG! providing advice on having solid content, allow your blog to have some character and so on.
Celebrity Deaths or obituaries is an up and coming subreddit and Gary has gotten a few views from his tribute to Maureen O’Hara.
What’s Not Hot!
This is hard to say for it depends on the people voting up or down the post, image or whatever, we may really like something while another thinks its trash. And with Reddit, some of the comments can be downright brutal to the point where some Moderators branched out and made new subreddits where no bashing is allowed at all, only positive comments, and some won’t let you downvote no matter what. That why I said to pay attention to the guidelines od each subreddit.
Marie. I read the comment you left about liking to learn more about Reddit. I recently did a video on this that can be here: HOW TO POST ON REDDIT! and Janice from Mostly Blogging has a Reddit tutorial text based on her Blog that can be found here: